OUR RESPONSIBILITIES AS A CITIZEN
Having a population of more than 1.33 billion people results in large number of people in residential and commercial complexes.
We living in these communities, come in contact with a number of people on daily basis such as milkman, delivery boys, cab and auto drivers, cleaners and even visitors. It is important at such times to be more alert than ever to prevent the spread of COVID-19 Coronavirus.
As of 16 March 2020, there are 113 positive cases with 2 deaths due to Covid-19. India is in a critical condition right now which may lead to a lock down of the entire country in a few weeks. If we can control the spread of this virus, we will have a fighting chance to get rid of this virus in the weeks or months to come.
Following are few steps you can take as a responsible citizen of your society, complex, apartment, office block, etc to ensure high level of safety and hygiene in your environment.
RECOMMENDED GUIDELINES TO FOLLOW
To ensure the well-being of all
- First point of contact to your building, complex, block, etc is the security guard – please ensure you provide him with gloves, hand sanitizer and a face mask.
- Ask your security guard to cover his nose and mouth at all times to prevent the spread of any virus to the residents/visitors to the building.
- Ask your security guard to use hand gloves to receive all package deliveries and leave them in the security cabin.
- Restrict the movement of the security guard to the gate entrance and the compound periphery. (make sure you collect your parcels/delivery from his cabin – don’t forget to wear your gloves too)
- Provide a hand sanitizer to your security guard, so he can make sure all the people entering the building/complex have sanitised hands.
- Wherever possible do not encourage the visitors to enter the building/complex for a few weeks.
- Make sure the security guard wears gloves and masks while dealing with any visitors.
- Close down common facilities such as club house, gyms, community halls, etc in the building/complex to avoid large number of people in the same space.
- Maintain high level of cleanliness wherever needed.
- Please cover your mouth and nose while sneezing/coughing etc to avoid transmission of this virus.
DON'T WORRY TO MUCH
Be responsible and informed
As there are a number of things you shouldn’t do or avoid doing during this time. There are a number of things you can still do to continue enjoying your lives with your loved ones by enjoying in your private gardens, spaces.
Most importantly remember to get enough rest, boost your immunity and don’t take stress about this situation. If handled with care and precautions we all will be safe.
PLEASE NOTE THESE ARE ALL RECOMMENDATIONS BASED ON EXPERIENCE AND GENERAL KNOWLEDGE ONLY, SO WE ARE SHARING THEM IN THE BEST INTEREST OF EVERYONE.